Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sandra Bernhard Talks Madonna....Again!




You are now a Kabbalah practitioner, which is ironic because the most famous person connected to that is your former friend, Madonna. How do you think the connection to celebrities affects a religion's profile?

Bernhard:

I don't know. I think any time it becomes sort of a celebrity-oriented situation, it kind of diminishes it unless it's done in a very tasteful way, which unfortunately it never is. I don't think it's the best thing in the world.

The Daily Beast:

Does that bother you that people still ask you about Madonna?

Bernhard:

Well, people are very rarely asking about her anymore. No, it doesn't bother me. We were friends, but I don't see anything that comes out of talking about it at this point. We haven't hung out in a long time, but certainly in the day, it was fun and I think it was cool that two women of our kind of crazy stature were friends. I look at it with fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment