Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mick Jagger Wanted to do "Some Like It Hot Remake" With Madonna and David Bowie!




A revealing story, that some of you may not have come across so far, told by photographer Ken Regan in his book "All Access: The Rock'n'Roll Photography of Ken Regan." is as following:

I wrote here some couple of days back that the book (which features the Rolling Stones on the cover) contains several of Regan's photos and stories of music legends and superstars (including Madonna) from Regan's long career as a professional photographer.

"Rolling Stones" guitarist Keith Richards wrote the book's preface.

Jagger wrote the book's introduction.

In "All Access", Regan said that Jagger confessed his plans for a "Some Like It Hot" remake, late one night in 1983, when Regan and Jagger were in Mexico for the "Rolling Stones" music video shoot for "She Was Hot".

Jagger showed up at Regan's hotel room, where they shared "Corona" beer and a marijuana joint.

Regan says that Jagger sought Regan's advice on relaunching his film career.

Regan recalls the conversation as Jagger saying:

"I want to get out of music and get into film. I really want to do this."

I was incredulous — but supportive.

"Well, Mick, you have done a couple films."

"I know, I know, but now I’m serious. I want to do this. I’m thinking about remaking a film."

I asked which one.

"Some Like It Hot", he said.

"Mick, come on, you don’t want to remake "Some Like It Hot"."

How do you follow that comedy classic’s cast of Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, and Marilyn Monroe? And with whom?

"Me, David Bowie, and Madonna", Mick answered.

"Mick, don’t even think about it. Don’t even go there."

"You don’t think it would work?"

"Work?" I said. "You’ll get laughed off the screen, if you ever get the money to put it together."

"Well, Jesus . . . I got some other ideas. I’ll talk to you about them another time."

I guess the shoot had been more stressful for Mick than I’d imagined.

---

A further highlight of the book include Regan's photos and stories about doing Madonna's first major magazine photo shoot at a gym in Los Angeles.

source: book excerpt from examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment