Monday, September 15, 2014

Encyclopedia Madonnica 20th Anniversary Edition

It’s been 19 years since Matthew Rettenmund published Encyclopedia Madonnica. And now our friend Matthew wants to make a definitive update to his beloved and successful book. Clich here and help Matt!




You may know Matthew Rettenmund also for his Boy Culture… here is what he has to say…

It’s been 19 years since I published Encyclopedia Madonnica. It’s hard to believe that she was only about 12 years into her career then…just thinking about everything that’s happened since (Evita, Ray of Light, Confessions on a Dance Floor, MDNA, movies, scandals…children!), it’s crazy to think of all the stuff I’ll have to compile. But in those 19 years, I’ve never stopped observing and collecting—I have a gigantic archive, plus now I have the Internet and greater connectivity to other fans to help me out. I’m confident this unauthorized but fan-friendly book project will become a reality because Madonna is a popular and relevant as she was 20 years ago. I mean, who else can make headlines with every single bathroom selfie she Instagrams??? The book will have lots of unpublished photos and I’ll make it the fun read that fans expect. I simply can not wait to start work on it! – Matthew Rettenmund.


No comments:

Post a Comment