Monday, November 4, 2013

Stephen Bray Talks Madonna and unreleased Tracks.




Being a massive Madonna fan myself, I feel like I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask you at least one question about your fellow ASCAP member and Queen of Pop.

(Laughs) I said The Color Purple was maybe my favorite experience, but I could just as easily say that those early days – those ten years of working with Madonna – were some of the happiest musical times of my life because I was fortunate enough to have a partner where we finished each other’s musical sentences, and I don’t think I’ve ever gotten along quite as well with any other collaborator in terms of writing.

So are there a lot of unreleased recordings from your days working and writing with her that the public has yet to hear?

There are a couple of note that I can think of: There’s a theme song that we were writing to Desperately Seeking Susan, and I have not heard that particular piece of music other than in the pile of cassettes that I have somewhere. Then I think we have a really cool song “First There’s a Kiss” that never saw the light of day.

And do you think that they’ll ever see the light of day, or maybe get an official release?

I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment